Why do YOU, of all people, need to use a Muscle Recovery Formula?
Not all muscle recovery drinks are created equal.
As you probably know, there is an ever-growing market out there for health foods and specialty drinks such as protein shakes or weight-loss shakes. It seems that there is a new protein drink on the market every single day. Many people believe protein shakes are a great recovery drink after a tough workout or sporting event, while other people use them as weight loss tools or meal replacements. Be advised – a protein drink alone is NOT a meal replacement… read on…
Muscle recovery is the process by which your muscles heal and adapt themselves to exercise. When you lift weights or perform heavy exercise such as distance running, your muscles form microscopic tears from repetitive muscle contraction.
Hormones called growth factors stimulate satellite cells. Those cells contain protein, and therefore, amino acids to increase the size of muscle fibers. These cells travel to the site of damaged muscle cells and fuse them together, increasing the size of the muscle. It’s sort of like stitching a wound together.
Some of the cells stay at the repair site and provide new nuclei for the recently healed muscle. This triggers muscle fibers to make more proteins, allowing those muscles to grow stronger and more resistant to future damage. OH and giving your body some great sculpting, while you can lift all your finds from Target in one trip!
While it’s true that protein shakes can be a great additional source of nutrients in your diet, it’s also important to know which are a quality shake and which are just full of junk while claiming they are of high quality. That’s why I am here!! I’ve tried and researched them all and use the best on the market.
What To Look for in a Quality Recovery/Protein Shake
You already know that all protein shakes are not created equal, so the question remains: What makes one protein shake better than another?
Your body needs all 20 amino acids to make the complete proteins necessary for optimum muscle recovery. Eleven of them can be produced in your body, and nine must be consumed from foods. These are called essential amino acids, which derived from animal sources and soy-based foods.
Most plant-based foods, such as legumes, grains and vegetables, are missing one or more essential amino acids. So, for vegans to get all the essential amino acids, they must eat different combinations of foods, such as lentils and brown rice.
If you happen to see a huge tub of protein for an extremely low price, you know that the quality is very low and you are not actually getting much protein at all, but mostly filler.
There are several different types of protein out there, and it’s important to know the differences so you can purchase the one that best aligns with your budget and goals:
When most people think of protein powders, it’s whey protein that they are thinking about. It’s a dairy/animal based protein. Whey protein is the most common form of protein and is the perfect post workout supplement to aid with recovery and promote muscle growth. Whey protein has a very good macro blend, usually consisting of 90% protein and 5-10% carbs/fats. Furthermore, whey protein is digested very quickly.
Whey protein will get the job done for most people wanting a good post workout shake. Whey protein is the most affordable of the group, has a great macro ratio, and a solid digestion time. Anyone from casual gym goers to more serious athletes will benefit from traditional whey protein.
Casein is a type of protein that is found in dairy based products like milk and cheese, and is the slowest digesting form of protein available. It can take anywhere from 5-7 hours to fully digest, which makes it perfect for overnight recovery. Casein tends to have high protein with a slightly higher fat content than a traditional whey, but less carbs. For these reasons, many people, myself included, like to take casein before going to sleep so they can keep their body in an anabolic state during their sleep. I do have a sensitivity to dairy, but have zero issues with this and it has stopped my traumatic leg cramping (see my blog on that and magnesium). This protein makes you feel brand new when you get up every day!
Whey Isolate is the purest form of whey protein available. Whey Isolate tends to have the best macro breakdown, consisting of entirely protein and very little fat or carbs (if any at all). Because of its high purity, whey isolate is also the fastest digesting protein for fast recovery time.
Who is it good for:
Whey Isolate is the protein of choice for the more hardcore workouts for athletes and bodybuilders thanks to its very high purity, rapid digestion time, and favorable macro profile.
Why is MY Recovery better than other post-workout products?
- Way more effective than a simple protein powder, Recover uses key ingredients scientifically shown to help accelerate muscle recovery, reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, and improve strength recovery. It provides your muscles with a rapid and sustained supply of nutrients when your workout is over, to boost your recovery to get you ready to crush your next workout.
- Key phytonutrients help muscle recovery, reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, and speed up the return of normal muscle function.
- Recover contains functional ingredients that have been scientifically shown to work. Other products can include gimmicky ingredients at insignificant levels with no evidence that they work (Fillers).
- Key ingredients are included at their clinically established effective dosage levels.
- No artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives.
How to use Recover Post-Workout Formula
Simply mix with water according to the label instructions, and drink within 30 minutes after exercise.
Why You and I BOTH Need Recharge
Sleep is absolutely critical to your body’s recovery. That’s prime time for your muscles to repair and recharge so you can keep pushing the limits day after day. Recharge nighttime recovery formula is targeted nutrition that helps promote overnight muscle recovery. It helps boost your body’s ability to fight off delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) while promoting lean-muscle growth.
So, you wake up feeling strong and ready to crush your next workout. My joints actually don’t hurt when I get up! And you know my story about age and joint pain!!
The key ingredients in Recharge nighttime recovery formula are scientifically shown to help:
- Support overnight muscle recovery
- Combat exercise-induced muscle soreness
- Reduce muscle breakdown
- Promote muscle protein synthesis
- Improve adaptation to exercise
Why is Recharge better than other slow acting recovery products?
- It targets your recovery while you sleep with ingredients scientifically shown to help support overnight muscle recovery and phytonutrients to help combat exercise-induced muscle soreness.
- Recharge contains functional ingredients that have been scientifically shown to work. Other products include gimmicky ingredients with no evidence that they work.
- The creamy vanilla flavor helps satisfy the urge to snack at night without the extra calories that can derail your fitness results. You won’t go to sleep on an empty stomach, and you’ll wake up refreshed and ready to crush your next workout. I LOVE how I feel in the mornings and I use this 7 days a week!!
- Key ingredients are included at their clinically established effective levels.
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
I want to hear from YOU about how you recover after exercising. I am the Anti-aging Guru and I am here to push you and make you live longer, healthier and more active for your life!
Leave me a COMMENT or two, share this blog, and email me here!! OR HERE 😀